New Quicken Coming in Feb 2010

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think a number of people here have been waiting for someone to come out with a viable Mac alternative for personal finance software. Ages ago Intuit announced they were working on a new version for Mac after the major failure that is currently available. I signed up to be notified when it was up for order, but apparently they forgot about that because I just checked out the Quicken website and they are currently taking pre-orders for the Feb. 2010 planned release.

There's no telling if the software will actually perform better than the current version, but I am excited and hopeful that it was be at least a decent alternative to what's currently available.

Not much on their site, but here it is if you're interested:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Considering that
1. Intuit has a very poor track record with their Mac software over the past decade
and
2. This is a totally new product that nobody has seen or reviewed yet
You would be pretty foolish to pre-order it.

I am hopeful, too, but I would wait until I knew more to pre-order it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to agree. Intuit not only has a poor track record with products for the Mac, their support and track record for Windows products over the years has not been all that stellar either. :(

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.