Disabling a keyboard key?

Reaction score
Hi all. My right shift key on my MacBook unibody is constantly pressed and it's driving me crazy! Is there any way with a terminal command or some 3rd party software that I can disable my right **** key?

Thanks.

OP
A
Reaction score
The 'shift' word was not meant to be censored. Probably my iPhone recognized it as a foul word. My bad.

Reaction score
ehhhh. I dunno about disabling keys, but have you looked into the actual root of the problem?

If you have a unibody then its fairly new, it should be under warranty so you could just get the key fixed. If the warranty is up, there are tutorials on youtube on how to take the keys off and you will probably see whats wrong and its probably fixable.

OP
A
Reaction score
I've tried everything. Apple store told me that I would need to replace the whole keyboard and top case for one key! I just need to disable it because I couldn't see anything wrong on the inside of the key. Thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.