2.53? or 2.8 ghz

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends on what you are doing. If it's for surfing the web and doing normal stuff you won't notice the speed difference at all.

If you are dealing with video rendering, music encoding it might shave off a few seconds if that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wouldn't exactly say that you need it, but if you have the extra cash to throw at it and want to I would upgrade. I know that for what I do, I'm very happy that I upgraded to the 2.8 and I only really need it about once or twice a week with some of the heavy stuff that I do.

Thing is...that almost surely the 2.53 will be enough for you if not more than enough, but you can't upgrade the processor the way you can RAM, or your HD...so sometimes if you feel that you might ever need it or just want to have a faster processor, then it does indeed make sense to spend a bit extra right now to get it...cause you can't really go back.

Either way I'm sure you'll love the machine! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.