Mac Pro Dual Monitors Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2x2.8GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM, 320/500GB HDD, 8800GT
So I recently upgraded to a dual-monitor set up on my MacPro. It's been fantastic for video editing, but there's still one main question I have:

Is it possible to have certain programs running in full-screen mode on screen and not the other, (i.e. having VLC player or iTunes visualizer running in full screen mode on one, and still being able to use the other screen), through some setting in Snow Leopard or 3rd-party utility? Or am I S.O.L?

Thanks in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It sort of depends on the two programs you are using.

Sometimes when I run two programs with my dual monitor Mac Pro (one on each monitor) both programs will work fine, sometimes they won't work fine, and sometimes you can only use the keyboard with the program running on the designated "primary monitor"...and only able to do "mouse" related control on the "secondary" monitor.

Both monitors run great if you're running Safari on one, and e-mail, iTunes on the other. Or Safari on one, and Microsoft office programs on the other.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.