Apple Script

Reaction score
Hi guys! Well I'm pretty new at apple script and I was wondering if it would be capable of printing an excel spread sheet and updating it to the current day. So for example I have an excel spreadsheet with a "payment plan" type thing for someone who has bought land from me. I mail them an updated copy of their payment history every month. I have the spread sheet set up so that it show's their payments until it's paid off and I just want it to print to the current month. Do you know if this can be done and how I should try to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Is the date you want to change part of the spreadsheet? If so, I don't think Applescript is necessary; you should be able to do it with a function. Just set the value of the cell to =TODAY() and then set the cell format to the date format you desire. Then, whenever you open it up to print it, it will automatically update the date to that day's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.