Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hi there, i'm soon to be moving house and i shall be buying a LCD tv for my living room. I was toying with the idea of buying a Mac Mini to go with the TV, it would be nice to show friends photos, video clips, etc and browse the internet too. But, what i wanted to know was, how far away does the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse work from a unit(tower, mac mini, powerbook, etc)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
10 metres or 33 feet.

Although using a TV to surf the web with mac mini is not a good, everything will look messed up. Televisions are not designed to be used with computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Televisions are not designed to be used with computers.

That's very subjective...actually I'd say many LCD, Plasmas, LCD Projections, LCOS, and DLP projections are quite effective used as computer displays (and for what it's worth some of these technologies were originally created with computer s in mind anyway). Now would you want to do it? Who knows...but don't make a blanket statement like that saying that they are all crap. All I can say is that Half Life 2 on a HiDef 60" TV is a sight to see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Ok, geez I was just trying to be helpful...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well a LCD TV is basically just a lcd monitor with a built-in TV tuner, so there's no reason the picture should look much different than on a normal LCD panel.

Having said that, a lot depends on the panel's ability - if it's optimized for TV & computer use, it should be fine.
If it's designed with only TV in mind, it might not support a high enough resolution etc. for use with a computer.

Check the specs on the LCD first and if they're good enough you should be fine using the wireless keyboard & mouse!

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Havnet designed on a final model yet but the tv will have a high resolution and Apple friendly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.