which adobe PS Elements for G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Cypher" Powermac G5 2.3 DualCore QuadroFX4500 23" cinema display
hi guys
i have been browsing ( and also searching) for information on which is the newest version of elements i can run on my late 2005 spec 2.3dualcore G5??

from what i can turn up Elements 7 is the newest BUT it also says i can run the full version of CS4. would i be correct in thinking i would be able to run Elements 8 even though it is suggested its only suitable for Intel based machines? or am i just being a bell-end who should just read the system requirements & leave it at that?

has anybody ever had any success running software recommended for Intel machines on a dual core G5 as there is another tone mapping program i use on my PC that also apparently will only work on an intel Mac??

Reaction score
Elements 7 is the last one that will work on a G5 as far as I know. An intel-only app is just that, compiled for the intel processor and will not run on a G5.

OP
sabot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Cypher" Powermac G5 2.3 DualCore QuadroFX4500 23" cinema display
yes, thats what my searching has led me to believe
i have 6 now so 7 is as far as i can go with Elements otherwise its CS4
money money money :[

i'm just running ASD now which is saying i have faulty ram! so i guess i better take care of that first

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.