Twain Sane

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm pretty new to Macs and the whole un-installation process is getting me down.

I recently bought a new epson scanner and I'm trying to get it to work with photoshop, but it isn't appearing in the list when I go to import. Waat I do have there, however, is a thing called SANE which I must have downloaded for my last scanner. I'd like to get rid of this SANE thing to see if it helps with getting a normal Twain option in the import menu, but the instructions for uninstallation on the SANE website make no sense to me whatsoever: TWAIN SANE Frequently Asked Questions.

I can't find anything on my computer called SANE and when I do a search with spotlight it doesn't bring anything relevant back. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What version of Photoshop is it - CS4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Apparently CS4 does not install the TWAIN plug in as standard.

You can manually install it from the Original Photoshop install disk, its in the Goodies folder

OP
S
Reaction score
I did pick up that from a google search so I followed the advice and found that I did have the twain plugin already in the import-export plugin folder. I deleted it and manually exported it, did a full restart but still no twain in my photoshop menu - just this SANE thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.