Just bought myself a Brand New 2.26ghz Macbook

Reaction score
:) Hi everyone im new here, just treated myself to a brand new 2.26hz Macbook and its fantastic. I've been using Windows for years and this is my 1st Mac, once i got used to it im never going back to Windows.

Im impressed with build quality, screen clarity, sound and the speed it processes work thrown at it is great too.

My 1st question would be, when downloading in Frostwire, how can i make the downloads faster? Is there a tip how to do it? Sometimes i download files at 400/500kbs and sometimes just 10/20kbs - Any ideas guys?

Thanks

P.S the names Mike

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My 1st question would be, when downloading in Frostwire, how can i make the downloads faster? Is there a tip how to do it? Sometimes i download files at 400/500kbs and sometimes just 10/20kbs - Any ideas guys?

From what I gather many downloads on "Frostwire" are not exactly legal...and if not...we don't discuss that around here!

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Is everything on Frostwire illegal? I never knew that...

I didnt know whether there was something that makes downloading speeds quicker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
If in fact you are downloading things legally, Frostwire isn't your best option. If you're downloading (legal, of course) torrents, I'd suggest something like Transmission. It doesn't have all of the features/presence of Frostwire, but it's less clunky by far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.