Getting pstopdffilter error message

Reaction score
I have an HP Photosmart printer connected, via USB, to a PowerPC Mac. The Mac has Bonjour on it and it acts as a print server to a Mac laptop and a Dell laptop. Until recently, everything was working fine. Now, however, when I try to print from the Dell laptop, I get a pstopdffilter error message. I can still print from the Mac laptop. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the same error message except that mine is err number 13 and it only happens when I try to print any pdf from my MacBook Pro. I can print the same documents fine from my daughter's HP laptop. I had been successfully printing pdfs from my Mac all year, but all of a sudden no luck. I have auto updates on everything so can't determine what may have triggered it. Thought it was an Adobe issue so deleted Adobe Reader, turned the printer off, rebooted, re-installed Adobe Reader and ... NO Luck. I've read the error log and it says to try setting the loglevel to "debug" but I can't find where to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.