Headphone jack not functional in Windows

Reaction score
Hello.

I've installed Windows Vista x64 in my Macbook Pro. Installed boot camp and my headphone jack doesn't work!! i put the headphones there, and the sound still comes from the speakers. sorry for my bad english.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello.

I've installed Windows Vista x64 in my Macbook Pro. Installed boot camp and my headphone jack doesn't work!! i put the headphones there, and the sound still comes from the speakers. sorry for my bad english.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!

Did you open Control Panel, audio devices, and make sure that you set the headphone volume on and that it's not muted?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.53GHz 8GB DDR3, Intel 160GB SSD, 10.6.2/Windows Vista Business/iPhone 3GS 32GB
Having the exact same problem. From what i've seen on the web, it's been a problem since 08. Still no solution.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Having the exact same problem. From what i've seen on the web, it's been a problem since 08. Still no solution.

The latest Boot Camp 3.1 update mentions fixing a problem with the headphone jack while in Windows on certain machines. I don't remember the exact wording but you can check it out by going to the Boot Camp page on the Apple site.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2009 4GB RAM 256 MB Video Memory 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
I know this is a long time since the last post but I figured I'd throw in my two cents just in case anyone still needed it seeing as the macs today seem to still have the problem. Here's what I did (in Vista):

I went to Control Panel and brought up sound
It will show you a list of devices make sure the headphone one says working
Select headphone device and click 'make default'

Apparently if it isn't default it won't work.
Hope this helps!

Reaction score
solution

ive changed some settings, and i seem to have found it :) you have to disable the internal speakers, otherwise, even if you set the earphones as default, the speakers will still give sound. i hope it stays this way :)

P.S. make sure you also make the disabled devices visible (left click) otherwise you might waste a lot of time finding those speakers again

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here... lulz

I have found a nice remedy to this problem after having bootcamp for so long.. ^_^

What you do is go to the playback devices panel,
and just set the headphones to the default device.

Now, what this does is enable the headphones to output sound from the machine,
but if you unplug it, it will simply go back to your speakers.

Lemme know if it works out for you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.