trying to install windows 7 via Boot Camp

Reaction score
I have a problem. I was trying to install windows 7 on my MBP, i follow all the instructions. When i was trying to install the cd it was asking me in what partition that i wanted to install the drivers Partition 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. I had to create a new one and it asked me and gave me and option that it will need to erase mac(journaled) and it gave me another option to create a new volumen, the one that i erased was mac(journaled) i don't know if i was supposed to or not. Now when i click the BOOTCAMP to start the windows set up this is the message that pops up " The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows. "

I tried everything and it is till doing the same thing i don't know what to do !! if somebody can help me i will very much appreciated. :Shouting:

Reaction score
If your OS X still works, you should boot back into OS X and start over. The BOOTCAMP partition is the one you want to install to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.