Remote Connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I have a wireless network set up in my house between a 17" 1.67 Ghz Powerbook G4, and an HP Media Center PC (Running WinXP Media Edition 2005). I'm interested in connecting to the PC from my Powerbook, and remotely controlling it, in order to gain the advantage of another computer's processor. I am already sharing files and all of that, I'm more interested in combining the power of the two computers over a network.

UPDATE: I installed the remote desktop client, but I can't get the computers to connect to each other, can somebody help, please?

Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
well, apple remote desktop won't control another computer unless it has apple remote desktop also installed on it, so you're options are basically ssh/telnet, vnc, voip, which, if any, are you considering?

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Ok, after some research, I've actually discovered that what I was looking for, doesn't exist yet. Thanks for the help anyways...!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
actually, if you're looking to control your wintel box as you would another mac via ARD, its possible through one of the above mentioned methods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
there is a remote desktop utility for the mac that will let you log into a dozer machine and gain acess to the files and everything , it's remote desktop .

N

Netherfox

Is there an application that will allow Desktop sharing while logging into an Apple machine from a Windows machine?

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, old thread, u must have searched though. Yes, there is an app, but I can't remember what it is. I'll look it up...

B

bhanson

Netherfox said:
Is there an application that will allow Desktop sharing while logging into an Apple machine from a Windows machine?

VNC as mentioned above will do that.

M

meatychi

Timbuktu Pro is the answer you maybe looking for. This handles remote control both ways from MAC to PC and PC to MAC
You can file exchange chat and other stuff too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.