Macbook Horrible Battery Life and Heat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
I have a white macbook 2GHz which is almost 2.5 yrs old. I started noticing bad battery life and excessive heat around march. I have brought it into the store only to hear them say that there is nothing apparently wrong. Bought a brand new battery (20 cycles) and I am still having problems. I have had my computer unplugged for 13 mins and it went from 98% to 80%, I am set to "better battery life", and my fans are not yet running. If anyone could offer any knowledge on why my computer is acting this way without telling me that I need a new battery, it would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
What programmes are you running, screen brightness, wireless, bluetooth etc.?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
im on my school wireless, bluetooth is off, display is at 3 bars. and im running safari and itunes. running photoshop kills my battery, but it shouldnt be happening when im running safari, word and itunes, which is most of the time. also, i dont know if it is connected, but i have been noticing some narcolepsy when my computer comes out of sleep mode and goes back in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.