Safari 4.0.4 Security Feature

Reaction score
That has been around for a while now. You just haven't visited such a site before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Actually, I think this has been around for a while. I think I remember seeing a cache from Google's Safe Browsing service in /var or somewhere a few versions ago (maybe even on Leopard), though I never got that warning specifically.

Edit: Ah, found it again. The cache is in /private/var/folders/random letters/more random letters/-Caches-/com.apple.Safari/SafeBrowsing.db.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Don't visit sites like The Pirate Bay and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
How weird I don't get that message when I visit TPB. I have that security option enabled too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
How weird I don't get that message when I visit TPB. I have that security option enabled too.
From the screen shot, it looks like the warning was referring to a site that was advertising on The Pirate Bay, not The Pirate Bay itself. Perhaps you were served different ads (or use an ad blocker) and had no reason to be warned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.