Epson R260 Problem After Snow Leopard Installation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo/Snow Leopard
I recently upgraded my iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo to Snow Leopard. I then upgraded printer drivers for both my Epson RX595 and Epson R260. The 595 works fine; however, the 260 keeps giving me this message: Error:?Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpll.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpll failed. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have an idea as to how I can resolve it? I'd appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

Reaction score
Go to: Apple/System Preferences/Print & Fax/Print and reselect your printer in the Default printer: box near the bottom of the panel.

Then next in the same Print & Fax preference panel, select Open Print Queue, and Delete all the Jobs in the Status box and try printing something again.

Good luck

Reaction score
Had the same problem with OS X Tiger and an Epson tech told me that if I uploaded the old and the new software for the R260 that the printer would work. It was a while ago since I did this, but if you call the epson help line and ask the tech about this, he or she can take you through it. It worked with my printer and still does in Snow Leopard. The techs will initially tell you that Epson does not have software for Tiger or Leopard, but ask them about downloading the two siftware installs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.