What caused this

Reaction score
Ok so I fixxed put a new glass/digitizer on an iphone for someone, Lcd and touch screen where working perfectly when i returned the phone to them then later that report to me that it stopped working and screen showed white lines. I asked for a picture and this is what I received
12469_204065867951_605437951_405394.jpg

My guess was that it was dropped, judging by that black part on the lcd, doesnt look like a normal hardware malfunction.

Let me know what you think.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
That is a broken LCD if I ever saw one. Neither software nor loose connections would be likely to cause that issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I bought a 3GS a couple weeks ago that had this same problem, In his case he dropped his 3GS on it's side the glass didn't crack but the lcd did.

http://i34.tinypic.com/30u5xu1.jpg

jcd

Reaction score
As everyone has already mentioned, it is indeed a broken LCD. Fortunately, replacing the LCD is significantly easier than replacing the touchscreen glass (assuming it's a 3G or 3GS).

Your best place to look for a replacement LCD is on Ebay. The 3G LCD should run you about $30-$35. Unfortunately, if it's a 3GS, it's a lot more expensive. Those are currently running about $90 on Ebay.

Trust me, if you could fix the glass, you can fix the LCD no problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
As everyone has already mentioned, it is indeed a broken LCD. Fortunately, replacing the LCD is significantly easier than replacing the touchscreen glass (assuming it's a 3G or 3GS).

Your best place to look for a replacement LCD is on Ebay. The 3G LCD should run you about $30-$35. Unfortunately, if it's a 3GS, it's a lot more expensive. Those are currently running about $90 on Ebay.

Trust me, if you could fix the glass, you can fix the LCD no problem.

well his story was he woke up one day and it was like this, I called BS on and told him that is CLEARLY a broken lcd screen, it was not broken when i returned it. I havn't heard back from him since. But he was trying to get me to buy him a new phone, so i doubt he will come back to me to repair the lcd, but hey you cant please everybody.

But thanks guys I really appreciate your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.