Why I love my Mac

Reaction score
I just got on my pc to update it for the family, the crap started right away.

ScreenHunter_009.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is one of the main reasons i switched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
There is something seriously wrong with my PC, I had to reformat it recently (for the fourth time) and now it's gone all crazy. Icons aren't anti-aliased, it's slow as ****, updates refuse to install... I'm trying to get my mum to replace it with a mac mini.

K

Kokopelli

Yeah, I set up a Win 2K server last week but forgot to put it in our protected address range. I installed and immediately did all critical fixes followed by antivirus. By the time I installed the AV it was already infected with multiple worms (mostly variations of netski). So I just wiped it and made sure to assign it an address in the protected range on the second go around.

It is a hostile internet to attach a fresh install of Windows to these days. (Once patched, firewalled, and AVed it is not as bad I suppose.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes, I make a CD of all the updates and AV stuff and install it on a PC before I ever connect it to a network. Much safer that way.

T

Thud

jram said:
I just got on my pc to update it for the family, the crap started right away.

In all fairness, that's a phishing scam email which would just as easily affect a Mac user. Phishing scam emails don't care what OS you use, all they do is convince you to go to a 3rd party (illegitimate) web site.
And the anti-virus program did intercept it.
Obviously that anti-virus program is pretty crappy if it complains about not being able to quarantine it though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.