Took Mac apart and doesn't work when put back together

Reaction score
Have a macbook that tea was spilled on, not much tea but I guess enough that it did something bad. Took it to the mac store and the genius there said that it was done that the logic board was corroded. I don't know too much about computers but I like to take stuff apart and I figured it couldn't hurt. I took it apart and cleaned the corrosion off with some alcohol (there wasn't much at all). So I put it back together and it worked...until I got the topshell screwed back together. I repeated this process, and as long as i just have everything hooked up it works fine but when its screwed together its not. I though that maybe it could be just an issue with the topshell (not sure that's what its actually called, but it is the keyboard assembly and trackpad, and it comes off as one unit) could this be is?? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You should be able to find diagrams, photos, and instructions about disassembly and reassembly of your macbook. For example see: MacBook Core Duo Repair - iFixit

Look for something touching that would create an electrical short. Perhaps a missing brace or insulating shield. If it works without the case, then a short is the most likely answer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok I looked at a couple of the diagrams on the listed site. It looks like im going to have to take it appart and start from scratch....also i do have are foam spacers left...could be my issue. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.