macbook pro not reading audio cds

Reaction score
I just bought a two disc audio cd and it will read one, but not the other. For the one that doesn't work it will spin then stop, and spin again the stop (this repeats) and then spit it back out. I have gotten it to load a few times and tried importing it into itunes (which is what I want to do) and it'll say that it has imported yet in my library the songs aren't even there i mean it says they are there but they won't play anything. When I click on the "x" to stop the importing it won't and I end up having to force quit itunes. I tried loading the cd on my sister's computer and it loads fine, opening up itunes automatically and everything. What is wrong? Also, as the cd is spinning, before it spits it out I hear sort of a error noise (kind of like a little scratchy sound), except it doesn't come from the computer its coming from the cd itself as it spins.

I just tried importing the other cd and it also wont work, the cd loads fine just the importing won't work. I can hear it thinking (as it in spins and then i hear it stop just like with the other one).

I've tried other cds, but they still do the same thing where it spins, stops, repeat, and then spits it out.

Please help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.