passwords

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
I use Firefox for my browser, and it does a pretty good job of eliminating password problems. However, I was setting up an old laptop and could not remember the passwords. On going to my mainframe (iMac) I tried to look into Firefox to get a couple passwords.

Try as I might, the Keychain access program doesn't seem to work.

I have never set up new Keys, just use the default one, but I could have sworn that in the past I was able to see the passwords for all my internet links.

Using the Help key was useless...

Any tips?

KKKKFL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Thanks for posting, this has actually come in handy for me.

In Firefox's preferences > Security there is a button for saved passwords.

This will list all your sites, selecting show passwords will let you see all the site passwords.

You should get a prompt (as I did) to set a master password, at least now that saved password setting has a master password to protect it now.

Thanks

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
Thank... that's what I thought, but on going there, it only lists two sites despite there being a bucket full of sites. None of the sites I regularly visit are there, and no exceptions are selected. No Idea why.
KKKKFL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.