Bend DVD drive

Reaction score
I posted my MBP recently and noticed it got a tiny dent on the cover. Later when i used my DVD drive i noticed that it was slightly bent.(shaped like a banana) but it played the DVD no problem. The problem arose when the DVD wont eject. My warranty is up by one month...ouch! so question is: is there any DIY bend it back into shape option or do i ahve to fork out the estimated €500 to fix it? Meantime is it possible for me to use an external DVD drive until i can get enough funds if the DIY option is a negative? thanks a lot guys!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can use any compatible USB or Firewire external drive with your MBP. You didn't say where you live but I'm assuming that it's outside of the US, possibly in Europe somewhere. You can look at compatible drives at the following web site "Other World Computing" and get some idea of their price, however, I'm not sure if they will ship outside of the US and what the cost would be.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.