MacBook won't recognise Mustek Scanner

Reaction score
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right the place for this question or not but maybe someone can help anyway....

I just got an A3 Mustek Scanner- USB 600Pro model, and my MacBook won't recognise it. I have followed all the install instructions but can't get it to work.

If I open Photoshop (CS3), it shows the scanner as an option under the import function but as soon as I select it as an import option, Photoshop 'unexpectedly quits'.

I tested it with a PC and it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sounds like buggy driver software

to see if the scanner will work at all, download the free trial of VueScan
VueScan Scanning Software

If that can see the scanner but the supplied software doesn't - then its definitely badly written drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Does the packaging state that it works with macs? Some are PC only.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks. The scanner does say it is compatible with Mac OSX and they have driver updates on the website as well as on the install disk.

I tried the VueScan trial but that also can't seem to recognise it and just tells me I do not have any scanner attached. Does that suggest that the driver is fine and that it is another problem?

OP
S
Reaction score
OK- I finally got a response from Mustek who have told me it is because I have OSX 10.6 and they have not updated that driver yet- could be weeks- could be months!
Bugger is all I can say!

Thanks very much for all your help though.
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.