install Leopard from another Mac

Reaction score
I have a powerbook G4 12" with leopard and another powerbook G4 12" with panther. I would like to transfert all data from my disk with leopard (system + data) but I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). I have a extern disk with time machine

So I have :

Powerbook G4 Source :
-Leopard
-harddrive 80 gigas

Powerbook G4 Destination :
-Panther
-harddrive 160 gigas

One external disk with time machine :
-harddrive 300gigas + time machine 160 gigas

One cable firewire

How to transfert data to have two identical powerbooks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
According to the EULA agreed to upon installing Leopard, you will need a legal copy of Leopard for each machine.

Any discussion of circumventing the software license agreement would not be allowed here.

Please see our Community Guidelines:
Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have legal copy of Leopard for each powerbook !!! my dvd isnot working on both of my power book.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
... I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). ...

I have legal copy of Leopard for each powerbook !!! my dvd isnot working on both of my power book.

I would suggest either replacing your internal drive or getting an external drive along with obtaining your copy of Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
I dont understand your answer, how to do it from this ?

I have :

Powerbook G4 Source :
-Leopard
-harddrive 80 gigas

Powerbook G4 Destination :
-Panther
-harddrive 160 gigas

One external disk with time machine :
-harddrive 300gigas + time machine 160 gigas

One cable firewire

How to transfert data to have two identical powerbooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenakan View Post
... I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenakan View Post
I would suggest either replacing your internal drive or getting an external drive along with obtaining your copy of Leopard.

The response by bobtomay was what I think was a very humble way of pointing out that you stated that you don't have the leopard dvd, and then stated that you have the legal copy of the dvd for each powerbook, and that your dvd isn't working on each of your powerbooks.... and that you will not be helped based on this contradiction.
Given that it is questionable as to whether or not you have a legal copy from your own post, it is unlikely that you will be given assistance on this forum.
Sorry if this is a misunderstanding, but because you have specified that you don't have a leopard dvd, and then said that you have, but that your internal drive doesn't work, it would not be "kosher" to assist you in this matter beyond the advice that you have been given of replacing your internal drive and/or obtaining a legal copy of Leopard.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

I would like to transfert all data from my disk with leopard (system + data) but I dont have the leopard dvd (i dont want use any dvd). I have a extern disk with time machine

No you don't!

In your original post you said you had one Powerbook with Leopard & one Powerbook with Panther...AND you also said that you "DO NOT have the Leopard DVD"!

So how can you possibly have a "legal copy of Leopard for each Powerbook"...when in your 1st post you said you did even have a Leopard install DVD???

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
No you don't!

In your original post you said you had one Powerbook with Leopard & one Powerbook with Panther...AND you also said that you "DO NOT have the Leopard DVD"!

So how can you possibly have a "legal copy of Leopard for each Powerbook"...when in your 1st post you said you did even have a Leopard install DVD???

- Nick

I said I dont have the dvd because all the people give me the solutions with dvd. Anyway I found the solution to my problem and I will not share it with you, I dont want you go I jail because me. The law is law and you (american people) respect the law.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I said I dont have the dvd because all the people give me the solutions with dvd. Anyway I found the solution to my problem and I will not share it with you, I dont want you go I jail because me. The law is law and you (american people) respect the law.

Hmmmm......Sad ... really sad

I know for sure that the members on the forum are always looking for ways to help out and answer questions.

I am not an American, and neither is that relevant in any way, but there is no need to get ' personal ' because a forum has guidelines on specific topics.

Anyway .... good to read that you have a solution.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And I am not American either and pirates is pirates in any language alas. Further PM abuse anticipated for supporting mods views?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
And I am not American either and pirates is pirates in any language alas.

Pirates is Pirates...Arrrrr....;)

pirate.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry Captain Hook I prefer the Newfoundland!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.