How to create a boot windows xp cd with sp2 from Mac Os

Reaction score
Hi!
I am a newbie on Mac. I bought a Mac Book Pro after the internal hardware of my PC crashed definitely. This was the signal I waited to switch to Mac, but that's a pretty hard transition as it was not deeply planned. I still need to use Windows for some software, so with BootCamp I created a partition and was ready to put my Windows XP pro boot CD when... I read on many forum that you need windows service pack 2 on your cd which I don't. Many forum explain how to create a CD adding sp2 to windows XP pro, but either from PC or with the help of "nlite", a software running only with windows.

Any solution for those like me who have yet only access to a Mac! Thanks for your help.

Mac Book Pro 2.52 GHz with Snow Leopard 10.6.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, sorry. There aren't any "slipstreaming" programs that will work on a Mac.

I suggest either purchasing an OEM system builders copy of XP Home SP2 or 3 from somewhere like NewEgg or Amazon. Or, if you know someone who owns a PC ask them to do the slipstream for you. Slipstreaming is very easy and fast.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.