Screen problem

Reaction score
hi guys new to mac bascially well kinda lol my friend gave me an ibook g4 12inch yea i kno old but it was jsut givn to me cuz wasnt working and i work on computers windows more this is first with mac but kinda a little bit same but anywayssss the backlight turns on but there is no picture turns on and all iw asnt sure if its was the display or logic board so before i go off buy a display and its not that and waste money on that when somthing else is causing it thing ya kno..but does anyone know what could be causing this i had it apart checked see if like lose connections or what but everything looked fine please help guys thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What happens if you plug in an external monitor?

OP
B
Reaction score
u ahve to use a mac monitor correct if so i dont ahve one of thos so thats one way i cant test cuz if i did would have so kidna sucks lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
any monitor manufacture will work. You'd just need the connector to an external one.

OP
B
Reaction score
yea i dont think i have the connector i dont think like on my monitor here for y computer not laptop u kno windows has the blue plug forgot what its called and has the screws to screw down into the video card

OP
B
Reaction score
isee what ur saying now i checked all my crap i got lol and i dont see that VGA adapter to connect to the monitor so ill have to get one of thos but say its not that still not showing then would that be motherboard? the backlight works i dont know if i said that already and the apple sign on back of the monitor turns on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, if it's not working that would isolate it pretty effectively.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok so if it doesnt display it onto the the monitor its the mother board but i was looking where display is under that plastic there is like long chip i forgot what they call taht chip for mac i mean i can get it for you it basically hooks it up from the screen to the mother board i think right by the heat sink could that cause problems by chance?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.