• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Needing help with VOB files?

Reaction score
Okay so I'm making a home music video and the files that I was handed are .Vob files. Not sure what they are. Anyway they play but it's broken down into like 40 files. Also two folder Jacket_P and Video_Ts.

I am try to make these one file so I can either burn they to a dvd after I done editing.

Or

How can I make them one so they are more manageable.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
You may want to give a quick glace at VOB.

Next have a look at Handbrake. It's free and will allow you to compress/convert the VIDEO_TS folder and all of its VOB files to a single image in pretty much any format (MP4, AVI) you want.

Also, I know that you mentioned it's a home music video but just to be on the safe side any discussion of DVD ripping should the following sticky thread:

Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Movies and Video

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I am gratful for your help. I'll look into hand break and see if it works.

Honestly its just some bootleg music video we made as a way to pass the time. I know its probably a big hassle to go through. Still, I am going to see this through. Thanks once again.

OP
A
Reaction score
One more thing. would I down load the GUI or CLI one?

I own a MacBook Pro last years model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
The GUI version will be much easier to start with and will run fine on your hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.