Where to find audio driver for 10.5.6. ? (Logic Studio troubles)

Reaction score
Bought a MacMini month ago with Snow Leopard 10.5.6. Installed Logic Studio and then on the third time opening the program appeared a note:

"Logic Pro has detected a MIDI timeout. Please restart your computer, then relaunch Logic Pro.
If the problem persists, update the drivers of all connected MIDI devices (including audio drivers with MIDI functionality) to the latest version. For instructions on removing older drivers, consult the manufacturers' documentation"

But I don't have any midi stuff. I found other guy with the same problem somewhere at the forum and he was adviced to delete all the digi files from Librory->Audio->MidiDrivers. But there is no any stuff like that there.

So can you advise me where to get the newest audio driver?
I tried to install maudio FireWire410 driver but now even GarageBand doesn't wanna work (GarageBand found some problems with the audio drivers on your computer).:(

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
1st thing. Are you sure you have Snow Leopard installed ??
SL came out as 10.6 not 10.5.6.

10.5.6 is Leopard. 2nd thing what version is your Logic Studio.

Need to confirm both the version of your OS and Logic Pro to be able to proceed and try and help you out.

Cheers

EDIT : If it is SL and having purchased a month ago it probably is check out the THIS thread on the Apple Support site ...

Hope this helps :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for response!
Yeah I got 10.5.6., so you're rigth it's not a SL. I had made this suggestion by watching on a enclosed cd with a big frozen cat ) as I understand beause of troublesome qualities I better not update to SL right?

Also the version of Logiс Pro 9 is 9.0.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea true i would hold off from upgrading for now, reading that Apple discussion.

But do keep track of the Logic website to see when they have found a fix. If your wanting to upgrade to SL in the future....
Will do some more scouting around to find a fix for the 10.5.6 problem for you.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Why are you running 10.5.6? Why not 10.5.8 like the rest of the Leopard world? I never understand when people don't update to the most current version of their particular OS release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Resser... update to OS 10.5.8 and Logic Pro to 9.0.2 with Apple's "Software Update" utility and reboot.
Updating will most likely solve your problems.

Logic 9 Technical Specifications

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.