can water leak into the gap that is in between the screen and the bezel?

Reaction score
Is it possible for water to leak in thru the small gap between the chrome bezel and the screen?
Because today I used my iPhone after it had rained outside and suddenly a big drop of water fell down from a tree and hit my iPhone at the right edge of the screen.
There was some water in the gap that is in between the chrome bezel and the screen. I sucked removed the water immediately but I fear that some water might have leaked into the device.
Is that possible? I have seen some pictures of iPhone that had a light leak at that exact spot so it seems like it is not perfectly sealed.
How long would it take for water-damage to show?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Pretty sure you will be fine. Mine has been in a hot tub. A phone can handle a "drop" of water. Unless of course it is the world's biggest drop of water. Then you're screwed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I dont have an iphone but if its anything like my blackberry it can handle more than a drop.. I get drops of water on my phone every day... its the first thing I do when i get out of the shower is check to see if I got any messages.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies!
Do you guys know how long it'd take for the iphone to show signs of a water damage if the drop (which really was biiiig) had caused water to leak in the phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Quit worrying and enjoy your phone. There is nothing you can do about it anyway. You will be fine. There is no way to know what and when until something happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.