Mac Mail Attachments

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Been using my Mac's now for around 3 months and one of the things that annoys me abiut mail is that if i attach a pdf it shows me the whole pdf not just a small icon for the pdf .

How do i stop it doing this ?

Thanks

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Or right click (Control/Click) on the pdf and select 'Show as icon'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I don't understand. I open a New Message in Mail and click the paper clip button to attach a file. I navigate to a pdf file and select it. It shows up in my message compose area as a pdf file icon. I send it to myself as a test. It arrives in my In Box and I open the email. The body of the message contains the pdf file icon. I can double click on the icon and open the file if I wish.

So what's the issue here? What am I missing?

Furthermore, when I right click on the pdf icon, I don't see any "Show as icon" choice listed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I think there might be different default behaviors in Mail depending on the file size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems Apple has more ways than one to show things but as i recall there was similar in Tiger and is in Leopard as well - this is Snow Leopard;

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm using OS 10.6.2 and Mail 4.2 (1077). The behavior I described ocurred with 2 pdf files, one 86 Kb, one 2.7 Mb. So, are you guys using earlier versions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Same versions here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do recall dealing with pdf's from one on M$ which were a problem - seems .pdf-factory as i recall, might only be meant for the windows world. I had mine resent in Word or Excel which are easy enuff to get into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.