Can a Mac Genius or others tell when I damaged my iPod Classic?

Reaction score
In order to make an insurance claim on my iPod Classic that I dropped, they need to know the exact date the incident occurred. Is their a way they can find that out from the iPod, or do I have to just make up a date?

Thank you!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In order to make an insurance claim on my iPod Classic that I dropped, they need to know the exact date the incident occurred. Is their a way they can find that out from the iPod, or do I have to just make up a date?

Thank you!!

Don't you think that it's a bit dishonest to be asking this question, and filing an insurance claim for a broken iPod that you have already admitted you damaged yourself??:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D, iMac G3, iMac G5, eMac, Powerbook G4, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPhone 3G
Don't you think that it's a bit dishonest to be asking this question, and filing an insurance claim for a broken iPod that you have already admitted you damaged yourself??:(

- Nick

Wouldn't that sorta depend on what kind of insurance he has? I have insurance on my iPhone that covers it for pretty much anything.

But to answer the OP's question, I doubt it. In the past, I just try to guess to the best of my ability when it happened. Usually that's good enough. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Wouldn't that sorta depend on what kind of insurance he has? I have insurance on my iPhone that covers it for pretty much anything.

But to answer the OP's question, I doubt it. In the past, I just try to guess to the best of my ability when it happened. Usually that's good enough. :)

You're right. I knew how clumsy I was, I insured myself up the whazoo with Accidental Damage Coverage!

Aw, all right, thank you. I was hoping there was someway of finding some coding.

Thanks! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.