Orange iPhone (Got Mine!!)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
The iPhone came out on Orange today, just incase the Americans don't already know, Orange is another network. I just got back from the shop and am so happy with it...I almost don't feel worthy lol!!
It's my first ipod, first iphone, first Apple product! So you can imagine how excited I am. I've just plugged it into iTune and it's syncing 10.9gb of my music, which I didn't want it to do. I wanted to select the albums I want on the phone. Well don't want to stop it now so I'll just delete the ones I don't want.

I've got the 32gb Black 3G S ...which is actually 29.33gb but it's all good :D! Can't wait to start using it.

YAY ME! :D!!

EDIT: Couple of questions..

1) Can I use the iPhone whilst 'sync is in progress' is happening? I'm too scared to touch anything incase it messes it up.

2) How do I tell if I'm using wifi or 3g?

3) Will iPhone remember my WEP key for my home WiFi network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
1) I don't know the answer to this because every time my phone says "sync in progress" I usually don't touch it and just wait.

2) You can tell if you are using Wifi because it shows the icon of Wifi but if you don't have a mac then you wouldn't know what this icon looks like.

The thing in the upper right hand corner is what the wifi icon looks like.

http://www.ru-iphone.com/files/apple-wi-fi-music-store.jpg

3)Once you type in your WEP key (even though I would use the encryption of WPA), then it will remember it so every time you are in reach of the signal it will connect to your wifi which is pretty cool.

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers mate, My encryption probably is WPA seeing as I haven't changed it since I got the router and it's only a couple weeks old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
Good. Glad to hear that. I hope you are enjoying your iphone. I know I love mine! Anymore questions and problems let us know.

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Yeah I'm loving it. I have another question here. Apart from that everything is fine. :)!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
If you unlock you're iPhone while it is syncing, it cancels the sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Isn't this mixing Apples and Oranges?

Lol, such a bad joke, but still great xD.

And cool, I'm in the UK too, but I just got an O2 iPhone the other day and running it on T-Mobile now. I saw the Orange ones come out a couple of weeks ago; I expected T-Mobile to get them first (after backhanding them to expensive business customers a couple of months ago), but at least Orange is staying in the game.

Anyway, enjoy it! I'm enjoying mine =D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.