Error 10810

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
My friend was messing around in his Mac for whatever reason deleting files, and he deleted this one file, i'm not sure what it is exactly, but it now gives him error code 10810 and Finder won't launch, as well as nothing else. He did backup the file on his flash drive, so i have 2 questions. Can we boot from the Snow Leopard disk and repair OSX without losing any data? Or Can we boot from a Linux disk and go in through that? I would prefer using the OSX disk if possible.

Reaction score
Make sure all personal data (i.e. music documents, video etc) are backed up to an external drive, put the Snow Leopard DVD in the Drive, restart the Mac and hold down C. and follow the on screen prompts to perform and install of Snow Leopard.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately for us, he can't access any of his files due to this problem.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea i did see that article, it seems like repairing the disk permissions should fix it, i think i have to do it through the OSX disk though.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To give everyone an update on the situation, we tried doing a first aid repair, and still had the same result. So would an archive and install do it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.