Unable to Install iLife09 on Clean Install Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac 20"
I bought a MacBook Pro Unibody 3 months back. It came with Leopard and iLife09. Now I bought a SL Family Pack DVD to install on my MBP and iMac. I erased the harddisk and cleanly installed Snow Leopard. SL is working fine. But when I try to install the iLife09 from the Leopard's application CD, it says - "This software cannot be installed on this computer".

Please help fix. Thanks much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The Leopard disc with ilife 09 that came with your Macbook Pro, you will only be able to install on your Macbook Pro, not your imac... However, you should have no problems installing MBP.... it is on the second disc!

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac 20"
Nops. The iLife09 is not even getting installed on the MBP. I am yet to even try on the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Nops. The iLife09 is not even getting installed on the MBP. I am yet to even try on the iMac.

There's no point trying to on the imac if it is the system specific grey discs which came with the MBP.

Insert 1st disc that came with your computer.
It's listed as an option if you select to install the bundled applications.
Click customize just after you select the HD to install on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
The installer is probably not compatible with SL.

Reaction score
I have a grey Applications DVD and a CPU Drop In DVD of SL, and when I did a clean install of SL, iLife 09 installed with no problems. When you did the clean install of SL did you Zero out the HDD first of all?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.