osx installation question

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro and mac mini. Macbook pro came with two dvds. One has tiger and the other one leopard update.On the other hand mac mini has just one dvd with leopard on it. Could i use dvd from mac mini and install directly leopard on to macbook pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I have a macbook pro and mac mini. Macbook pro came with two dvds. One has tiger and the other one leopard update.On the other hand mac mini has just one dvd with leopard on it. Could i use dvd from mac mini and install directly leopard on to macbook pro?
Why? You already have the second dvd with the leopard update on it that came with the MBP. Just use that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

The DVD's that came with the macs are machine specific.... so if you try, you will be unsuccessful, and end up with kernel panics, besides, as pre mentioned, if your macbook came with leopard (which is 2 discs by the way), why would you need to install with the leopard discs that came with the mini?

Am I missing something here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.