iTunes making Me crazy - sorting issues

Reaction score
I'm cleaning up my iTunes Music library, in the "sorting" menus, I've noticed that some of the items area in black print and some in gray. I want to delete the sorting sections of all data and let iTunes sort by Name, Artist and Genre only. I can delete the black print info but not the gray print areas (well I can but they reappear). What's going on? Any suggestions? TIA:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Sorry, read the post wrong. Let me look for a solution to your problem!

OP
C
Reaction score
No, I think you didn't understand my question. I know if iTunes looses a song it will identify that with an exclamation mark (!) next to the name of the song. What I'm referring to is only the "sorting" menu areas when to use the "Get Info" option for any track(s). For example if I want to make sure there are no Track #'s I can select the song in any range, use the "Get Info" option and then delete the track numbers. Now if I use the "View Options" menu, I can do the same thing. However those grayed out areas in any one of the sorting menu areas don't seem to be able to be modified, almost as if they where hidden files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
No, I think you didn't understand my question. I know if iTunes looses a song it will identify that with an exclamation mark (!) next to the name of the song. What I'm referring to is only the "sorting" menu areas when to use the "Get Info" option for any track(s). For example if I want to make sure there are no Track #'s I can select the song in any range, use the "Get Info" option and then delete the track numbers. Now if I use the "View Options" menu, I can do the same thing. However those grayed out areas in any one of the sorting menu areas don't seem to be able to be modified, almost as if they where hidden files.

Okay, thanks for the additional info, I know exactly what you are talking about now. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
C
Reaction score
Checked out the links and I think you're on the right track here, I think this will work. Thanks, I let you know at a later date, busy loading in CD's right now. Ya know, I did relocate songs into one file and deleted the various files on any given artist. I bet that's what made the issue. THANKS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you're very welcome, glad to help cebo.

Reaction score
Try Media Rage by Chaotic Software. I found this software after having some renaming issues myself. I just transferred my whole library from my PC where I was using a Zune to my new Mac.

Use the Media Scrubber option. It rocks. 7-day free trial at the site I linked. I'm in no way affiliated with the company. I haven't even purchased the software yet. Still using and loving my free trial.

Welcome to Chaotic Software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.