Logic - usb to guitar link help

Reaction score
I'm quite new to mac, i bought a mac mainly because I need to use logic for music.

I have recently bought a usb guitar link and have had many problems trying to set it up. It was advertised as suitable for mac and easy plug and play, but came with CD and an AISO audio driver to install, which was obviously meant for windows because the files were exe. and ini.

Have contacted the seller, who advised me to get a virtual machine to get windows for it to work, but would that mean that I could only use the driver on windows, and therefore not able to have it with my logic?

I have also been trying to download other audio drivers from the internet which were suitable for mac, but it doesn't recognise the usb guitar link when i plug everything in.

I'm quite clueless with all the technical talk, and not at all sure if there's a way that logic would be able to recognise it without all the installation.

Does anyone know if there's a way for me to link my guitar to logic through this usb guitar link easily, or is it better for me to give up and send the usb guitar link back?
Any help would be great.
Thankyou,
Catrin

Reaction score
USB guitar link

did you ever figure out how to do it? I just bought my boyfriend one of these for Christmas and he is having the same problems as you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What model of USB link is this?
Let me know and I'll look into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok. I'll get back to you.

Reaction score
Problem Solved

Hello,

I recently bought one of these as well and I thought it was a driver issue when I couldn't get mine to work either, but here is what you need to do:

With the device plugged in to your USB port, go to Finder>Applications>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup. From here, select the "USB AUDIO CODEC" and Ctrl+Click, then select "Use this device for sound input".

Then use the same steps to make sure you're internal speakers are set for audio output. If you are using GarageBand for sound recording, you'll want to make sure to press "I" on your keypad in order to hear the sound while playing and recording, rather than in playback mode only.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you could just route your guitar through the built in mini jack input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.