HDMI on MB lag in playback of mkv

Reaction score
I have recently hooked my MB white, 2 ghz to my Sony V5500 with a hdmi cabel and getting an output of 1080p. Now i want to play video files from my computer on my tv in full hd. But everytime i try loading a 720p video file, mkv format, it starts lagging. Not much, but enough for me to get annoyed!! Is this a hardware issue? Is my macbook not powerfull enough for this task? Please help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
display port -> DVI ->HDMI?

OP
A
Reaction score
nope, mini dvi to hdmi(female) and then to tv.
I think its the computer thats to weak, hardware regarding. Sometimes it plays smooth other times it plays with a lag. I prob. have to clean my macbook inside or something, i dont think this should be a problem for it when it is new, but mine is about 2 years old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
the macbooks only have integrated graphics, which i'm sure is the limitation, it shouldn't have a problem playing dvd quality, but as you can see, when trying to play higher resolution files it shows it's limitations, i'm sure if you were using a macbook pro with discrete graphics chip @ 256 or 512 mb you wouldn't have a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.