New Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just got a new mac mini. Its not my first mac. In fact I have a 24" iMac and a 17" MacBook Pro. I got my mini because I was tired of paying a cable bill when everything I watch can be found on the internet. I am going to make a Mac Mini Media Center.

I am having a little issue though, and I'm not sure if this is the right area or not. My Mac mini is hooked up to my my 42" Philips LCD HDTV (Philips 42TA648BX). The issue Im having is with the resolution. the picture that is showing up on my tv is cut off. I can not see the bar across the top and my icons at the bottom are almost cut in have. I know that the max res on my tv is 1920x1080.

The issue I am having (that hopefully someone could point me in the right direction or better yet walk me through it) is how to fix this. I have played with displaycongifx and switchresx and for some reason or another it does not want to work. Anybody have any idea, hints, tips anything? I mean everything works fine, I just really want to see everything and use my whole screen at the whole time. Thanks in advance and if anybody needs more info please ask. I really want this to work.

Dustan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Under the Display settings in System Prefs, is Overscan checked or unchecked?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.