• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

10.6.2 released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad-Core 16GBram 2T SnowLeopard
Thanks for sharing. I've been hating Snow Leopard since the day I installed it.
Updated to 10.6.1 and only helped a little bit. Hopefully this will help more.

I should have stayed with my old DP Mac and Tiger! Everything worked flawlessly!!!!!!!!!!
Helluva first post eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Um... I'll trade you my dual 2GHz G5 for your current set up. I'll even fix the broken logic board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
it was "easy peasy" to install....but it got rid of my printer drivers and had to re-install my printer afterwards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I've had only three problems since upgrading to Snow Leopard. Let's see how 10.6.2 dealt with those problems:

BEFORE: When opening Firefox, it stays in the background, unfocused.
AFTER: Firefox STILL stays in the background, unfocused.

Okay, this is now an issue about half the time....not a HUGE deal, but it would be nice if it did focus properly...

BEFORE: Internet not accessible via wifi unless I futz with the settings each time I reboot.

AFTER: Internet still not accessible via wifi unless I futz with the settings each time I reboot. (And yes, I've tried all the "solutions" -- trying a new "Location," manually adding the DNS numbers, deleting the files from the Library folder, etc. -- nothing worked.)

Okay, this issue is now solved...I tried rebooting my router, same issue. Now...bit of a story...where I live the phone company just added an overlay, so we now have to dial 11 digits (1+area code+phone number) even for local calls...and for some reason we just can't get our TiVo to dial out with the new configuration, no matter what settings we tried...so we switch to wifi on the TiVo...THEN suddenly my MacBook has been flawless with wifi!

BEFORE: Can't drag and drop more than one message at a time in Mail, except maybe one out of 30 attempts.

AFTER: Still can no longer drag and drop more than one message at a time in Mail, except maybe one out of 30 attempts.

I did a search on the Apple.com discussions to see if anything further was discovered...apparently, 1) the techs at Apple can't replicate the problem, 2) none of their troubleshooting (reformatting, reinstalling, reimporting, starting fresh, etc.) works, and 3) one workaround is to highlight the messages you want to move, let go of the mouse button, THEN drag the messages. I tried that, and it works....but you can't highlight a bunch and drag'n'drop in one move like before. Doing the two-step is a very, very minor inconvenience for me, so I'm glad I checked back.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The Firefox issue has to do with Growl. Stop Growl (System Preferences > Growl > Stop Growl) and you'll notice that the issue goes away. In quick testing here, it doesn't matter if Firefox is removed (it gets re-added for some reason) or disabled. Growl has to be stopped for Firefox to be started in the foreground. I'll investigate and report back if I find anything.

EDIT: It's a Firefox issue. 3.6 beta 2 doesn't fix it. I had read that Minefield does but wanted to try 3.6b2 first. Downloading Minefield build now.

EDIT #2: Minefield works. So, the solution is as follows: either don't use Growl or use Minefield (Firefox 3.7 alpha 1 pre). It's up to you but going the "disable Growl" route is much less likely to cause you problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well...I spoke too soon....having those Internet issues again, and resetting the router doesn't help. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
On the Firefox foreground issue ....

I still have Growl running and when I open FF v3.5.5, it now opens in the foregorund and is focussed. FF 3.5.5 solved that issue for me even on 10.6.1

So I guess there is another combination that is causing this behavior.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I upgraded to 10.6.2, and now firefox is my default web browser. I don't want it to be, I want safari to be, but whenever I select safari to be my default browser, it always ends up switching back. I've been selecting the safari browser by going to. safari->preference->general-> then select safari as the default. Am I doing it wrong, in a temporary way only? IS there another way?

Reaction score
"an issue when connecting monitors to DVI and Mini DisplayPort adapters"

thats me!

I've been talking with apple software engineers for awhile about my macbook pro having a kernel panic when i use an DVI -> HDMI cable with my tv. The engineer said it would be fixed in 10.6.2, and it was!

Reaction score
"an issue when connecting monitors to DVI and Mini DisplayPort adapters"

thats me!

I've been talking with apple software engineers for awhile about my macbook pro having a kernel panic when i use an DVI -> HDMI cable with my tv. The engineer said it would be fixed in 10.6.2, and it was!

Yes i have had that same issue it worked for me too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
im using 10.6.2 and it's great, you can notice a lot of glitches changed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.