disappearing emails

Reaction score
i have just bought an imac 27 with snow leopard 10.6.
Mail has worked fine for a few days but today all my mail in inbox/sent and trash simply disappeared before my eyes.
can anybody help please.

ray

Reaction score
Having the same problem - random messages just keep disappearing

A colleague noticed that messages are just vanishing from her inbox in front of her eyes. She was in the middle of reading one when it just disappeared! It doesn't show up in any searches or other folders. Sometimes they re-appear when she quits Mail and re-opens it, but sometimes they don't which is a huge worry. I've tried re-building mailboxes when they don't re-appear but no joy. She hasn't got any rules or filters applied.

Could it be anything to do with the 'compact mailboxes automatically' option in mail - preferences - accounts - advanced? It's greyed out so can't change it?

She's got an IMAP account and mail is controlled by an Exchange 2003 server. Recently upgraded her OS X to Snow Leopard as it was an issue on Leopard too. Posted the problem on the OS X 10.5 boards too but got no answers. Running out of ideas and i'm getting flack for not knowing what's going on or how to fix it.

Why are you doing this Mail, why?!

Help!

MBP 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.