toast givin a hard time

K

kabwon

For some reason when i now make cd's with the option "mac & pc" clicked. the cd does not work on windows based computers? any1 have an idea why this could be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what kind of burner are you using? have you recently installed any apps?

OP
K

kabwon

Macman said:
what kind of burner are you using? have you recently installed any apps?
nope, just installed 10.3.9 i also just deleted toast and reinstalled it
still no go? i wonder whats wrong here

OP
K

kabwon

it also keeps adding a desktop.db and desktop.df file to every cd i write.

the cd's are readable on mac but not on pc although i DO select the mac & pc option... im gona through this mac out the window... its an imac g5 btw

OP
K

kabwon

I have narrowed it down to this: i was trying to write a zip archive onto disc, for some reason windows pc's cannot read the zip archive, although, if i unzip it and write the folder to disc, windows pc's can read it. still using the mac & pc option....
is this normal? please help guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
throw it into my window.;)
those files you mentioned are part of the structure and keeps info in those files that pertain to the content of the disc. have you tried burning a disc using disk utility instead of toast? or try deleting toasts preferences?

OP
K

kabwon

how do you delete toasts preferences?? burning a cd with disc utility is a bit of a mission, toast is just so much easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its here:
mac hd>users>your username> library>preferences>roxio toast prefs(delete that file)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
As a test to be sure that Zips made on OSX will open on Windows, I zipped up install files on Panther and network copied it to XP. Unzipped just fine. So it's not a problem with OSX's Zip utility.

OP
K

kabwon

gna delte the prefs, see if it fixes anything. thanks for your help.... might just hang on the the mac by the way macman :p :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.