Cinema Display won't turn on when USB's connected

Reaction score
Hey all,
My 30" cinema display has worked fine since I got it (used) a couple weeks ago. I tried moving it to another computer, and found that with the USB/Firewire connected, the display won't turn on. Unplug them, and it works fine. I had them plugged in when it was attached to the other computer, and everything was fine, so it seems to be an intermittent problem.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Reaction score
Hey all,
My 30" cinema display has worked fine since I got it (used) a couple weeks ago. I tried moving it to another computer, and found that with the USB/Firewire connected, the display won't turn on. Unplug them, and it works fine. I had them plugged in when it was attached to the other computer, and everything was fine, so it seems to be an intermittent problem.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Hello Josh.

I'm having exactly the same problem with my smaller 23" cinema display. Its worked fine for several years, and then suddenly no longer works if (and only if) the USB and/or the firewire cables are connected to the Mac. I've tried other Mac computers and its the same!

Did you resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.