iPhone Music Double-Tap

Reaction score
So I just recently upgraded from an iPod Touch to an iPhone. I'm a big podcast listener and like to continue to listen to them while I play a game on my device. This was fine on the iPod Touch; even when an app stops music playback, I could just double tap the Home button and bring up the music overlay to resume.

On the iPhone, whenever I double-tap when music isn't playing, it brings up the Favorites menu. This not only won't resume my music, but quits whatever app is playing! Is there any way to set the default behavior to music controls?

Reaction score
Try going to your settings menu, then click general, scroll down to home, and there should be some settings for the double tap. play around with that and see if that helps, hope it does :)!!!

OP
T
Reaction score
I was able to change it to bring up the iPod app, but not the controls :( Looks like there is no way to do this within official platform...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPod controls will only come up on an iPhone if you're actually playing music. So you'll first need to go into the iPod app, start playing music, go back to whatever you were doing and then double tapping will bring up the iPod controls.

Reaction score
I just went through this today too. My work got me an iPhone which I'm trying to configure at least somewhat like my iPod Touch. The mini player only comes up if a song is actively playing (ie. not paused). I also had to remember that iTunes has awful defaults involving syncing, and plugging in a new device goes back to all the defaults. Spent a while remembering how to get it to let me control the music library manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.