items disappear fromt the Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 mdd 1.42 dpp 2 gig ram 80g hd leopard 10.5.8
hi... why do some items just disappear of the dock??

iv got firefox and one or two others that i use and i have to keep going into apps and dragging it onto the dock and next day they go??

im probably doing something wrong but dont know what?

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
While the icon is there right click it and select 'Keep in Dock'.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
il try that thanks, but why do they go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You might be accidently dragging the icons off the Dock. They disappear quickly, with a "puff of smoke". Try one on purpose to see it. My apologies if you knew that already, but you have not indicated that you are sure this is not the problem.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The dock is multi-purpose..it shows you the currently running applications and can also be a placeholder for your frequently used applications..

What I've found that if I launch a new application it shows up all the way to the right, if I then drag that icon to somewhere else I find that it gets pinned to the Dock and stays even after the application is closed, but using "keep in dock" option is the right way to keeping a frequently used application in your dock..

Regards

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
erm.. dont think im dragging them off and its only just started recently for some reason.
il try the "keep in dock" bit and see how that goes..

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The dock is multi-purpose..it shows you the currently running applications and can also be a placeholder for your frequently used applications..

What I've found that if I launch a new application it shows up all the way to the right, if I then drag that icon to somewhere else I find that it gets pinned to the Dock and stays even after the application is closed, but using "keep in dock" option is the right way to keeping a frequently used application in your dock..

Regards

thats right!...im learning lolol...but having a pc for nearly 20 years then starting on a mac isnt easy!.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.