Uninstall 10.3.9?

Reaction score
Do you guys know how I could uninstall 10.3.9? I'm not sure I like it right now.

Seems to do some funny things with cookies. Have yo guys noticed this on this forum for example? When you click on the last unread post the browser doesn't seem to go directly to that very last post like it did prior to upgrading to 10.3.9..very annoying.

Anyway, an ideas on uninstalling or reinstalling 10.3.8? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
have you tried repairing permissions yet or restarting?? should fix everything up

-chris

OP
C
Reaction score
coach_z said:
have you tried repairing permissions yet or restarting?? should fix everything up

-chris
Did both. Still the cookies seem to work a little different. Probably just something I'll have to get used to. Should have looked to see what this was updating for doing it. I didn't realize it was updating Safari to this extent. Also a few other things I don't like.

So is there no way to uninstall or reinstall 10.3.8?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There is no easy way to back out an update. The only way to down grade is to do an achive install of OS X 10.3. Then use the combo updater to be your system up what ever OS level you want. In this case 10.3.8.

OP
C
Reaction score
rman said:
There is no easy way to back out an update. The only way to down grade is to do an achive install of OS X 10.3. Then use the combo updater to be your system up what ever OS level you want. In this case 10.3.8.
Thanks. I'm not sure I am that unhappy. :mac:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try another browser. There are alot of people here that recommend firefox. You can give it a try, to see if that resolves or helps with your situation.

OP
C
Reaction score
rman said:
You can try another browser. There are alot of people here that recommend firefox. You can give it a try, to see if that resolves or helps with your situation.
Tried Firefox already and it seems to be bout the same. Not sure what this safari update did to the way cookies are handled but it sure is different. Not major different but you know how it is when you're used to things operating a different way. Probably just something to get used to and get over it!

H

HST_Gonzo

Safari seems to be functioning BETTER for me now after the update, and especially after the Java update not more than 5 minutes ago. My only real gripe is that it doesn't support WYSIWYG interfaces for message boards like this one, but maybe that'll be integrated in 2.0 and I just don't know it yet. Can't wait till Tiger gets here.

OP
C
Reaction score
HST_Gonzo said:
My only real gripe is that it doesn't support WYSIWYG interfaces for message boards like this one, but maybe that'll be integrated in 2.0 and I just don't know it yet. Can't wait till Tiger gets here.
What do you mean exactly by not supporting the WYSIWYG...what specifically are you referring to? Curious!

H

HST_Gonzo

CrossBones said:
What do you mean exactly by not supporting the WYSIWYG...what specifically are you referring to? Curious!

On a forum like this. When you go into the posting interface (as I am now) you see the BB Codes (quote)this for quote, with different parenthesis(/quote). Whereas you can use the
function just by pushing a button, or making a text bold just by highlighting and pressing the B at the top of the screen, instead of using the BBCode, it is What You See Is What You Get. Firefox does it, Camino does it, Netscape does it, Safari doesn't. I have been using Safari a lot more lately, and would use it FULL TIME as my only browser if it included that feature. Of course it helps if the board you are on has that capability in the first place, most VBulletin sites I've seen have it.

OP
C
Reaction score
HST_Gonzo said:
On a forum like this. When you go into the posting interface (as I am now) you see the BB Codes (quote)this for quote, with different parenthesis(/quote). Whereas you can use the function just by pushing a button, or making a text bold just by highlighting and pressing the B at the top of the screen, instead of using the BBCode, it is What You See Is What You Get. Firefox does it, Camino does it, Netscape does it, Safari doesn't. I have been using Safari a lot more lately, and would use it FULL TIME as my only browser if it included that feature. Of course it helps if the board you are on has that capability in the first place, most VBulletin sites I've seen have it.
Actually Safari does do it...just did it here using the "B" button...but I have been on one site where it didn't work for a while. So it's something related to the ISP IMO. That same site (vBulletin software) where I had trouble works like a champ now and I did nothing differnt with my computer--- nothing to do with 10.3.9.

But still the cookies act differently in 10.3.9 and I have new colors in the posting box at one phpBB site...kind of annoys me.

Just my 2$.

M

möbius

for my web browser, I mainly use Camino. It is ugly, but it runs fast on my ibook g3. It does one thing that I like A LOT!!! You can tab to text fields, and radio boxes, and drop down menus!!! On safari or firefox, when you tab, it just goes from text field to text field.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.