Sharing menu not available?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a slightly used Mac Mini (running Snow Leopard). I'm trying to share my internet with my older laptop using airport. I can create a network and connect to it, however I can't actually share the internet.

I know that I have to go into the "Sharing" menu of System Preferences, but therein lies the problem. When I open System Preferences there is no Sharing tab. Under Internet and Wireless, I only have "MobileMe", "Network", and "Bluetooth".

How do I make my "Sharing" menu reappear? I'm pretty sure it was there a week or so ago when I needed to access it for some other purpose.

Thanks!
-Numegil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Hi, welcome to the forums.

The only thing I can think of is that you inadvertently removed the 'Sharing' preference pane from your Sytem Preferences (this is actually a bit easier to do than you think).

Go to /System/Library/PreferencePanes. You should see the Sharing preference pane. Double click this and it should ask you if you want to re-install the pane. After this the Sharing pane should be back to normal.

Reaction score
Lion Bump

and Old thread for sure, but I navigated to Library/PreferencePanes/ and there is nothing there...

Already checked to make sure they weren't just hidden and yea... still cant find them!

Running OSX Lion 10.7.2 on a MBP and trying to avoid a full reinstall!;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.