Anyone have problems with 'HP Communications'?

Reaction score
It installed with my new printer. Everytime I come back after being gone awhile, like a couple hours, this process will be using almost 100% of my CPU and my computer is brought to a complete standstill. I did a search on it and I guess this was a problem back in 10.2.2, but it was supposed to be fixed by one of the updates, I am running 10.3.9. Anyone have a similar problem?

Reaction score
mynameis said:
It installed with my new printer. Everytime I come back after being gone awhile, like a couple hours, this process will be using almost 100% of my CPU and my computer is brought to a complete standstill. I did a search on it and I guess this was a problem back in 10.2.2, but it was supposed to be fixed by one of the updates, I am running 10.3.9. Anyone have a similar problem?

I'm on 10.3.9 also and am running an HP 4550 and a HP 2420 lasers and have no such problem with them. I made up some cd labels the other day and the printers were online for about 3-4 hours with no problems. Had no problems under 10.3.8 either.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't think James saw your question. I know his setup and don't think he has the HP Program installed. Just plugs in the printers and they work. Nothing added. Do you have to use the HP program to print? I know I do not with my HPs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a cheapo HP DeskJet 3845. I did not need to install any special software to make it work. I just found it using the Printer Setup Utility and was fine. You may want to try and uninstall the HP program and try it without.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.