IV:Oblivion GOTY Compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD
I was wondering if I can run Oblivion GOTY on my macbook? OS X anyways thanks :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What year model MacBook? And you do realize that you will have to load Windows via Boot Camp to play the game since there is no Mac version of the game that I could find.

Regards.

OP
Nik Nax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD
What year model MacBook? And you do realize that you will have to load Windows via Boot Camp to play the game since there is no Mac version of the game that I could find.

Regards.
I don't own a copy of Windows :(
White 15'' Macbook August 2009

Reaction score
I have a 13" MBP (2.26 GHz & a OCS SSD) and it plays fine. IN OSX.
There are versions for OSX about, you just gotta find them.
With settings on medium, at 1280x800, it plays fine, a little jittery, but I'm used to the 360 version.

I'm sure if I play with it and turn stuff to low, or even just decrease the screen res a tad, it'd be fine. Even on the 360, when there were swarms of enemies it would also slow down.

Reaction score
Much Confusion. Needs a conclusion.

I have a 13" MBP (2.26 GHz & a OCS SSD) and it plays fine. IN OSX.
There are versions for OSX about, you just gotta find them.
With settings on medium, at 1280x800, it plays fine, a little jittery, but I'm used to the 360 version.

I'm sure if I play with it and turn stuff to low, or even just decrease the screen res a tad, it'd be fine. Even on the 360, when there were swarms of enemies it would also slow down.

I am very confused, Karl. I am unable to find anyone that says you can play Oblivion on MacOSX. I have a brand spankin new MBP (2.8 GHZ) and I am sure I can run any game now. Also I do not have an OCS SSD, would that matter? I am a HUGE fan of oblivion, but honestly have never owned it myself. Hopefully you can clarify. Your not using WINDOWS for this right?

Reaction score
I installed Virtual Box on my MBP and was able to get it loaded on XP but am now getting the error: Failed to initialize rendered. NiXAdapterDesc::GetDeviceCaps() failed.

I've been reading a few Oblivion forums and it can be done but it's a bear. Give me some time to chase and once I've got it up and running I'll post the steps to make it work.

Reaction score
I finally got it working! You'll need to install Bootcamp to run it. It's very straight forward and works like a charm. Bootcamp's requirements are XP SP 2 but I'm playing with SP 3 (there's a patch for it but I haven't needed to do it yet.)

Just another reason I love my Mac!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I finally got it working! You'll need to install Bootcamp to run it. It's very straight forward and works like a charm. Bootcamp's requirements are XP SP 2 but I'm playing with SP 3 (there's a patch for it but I haven't needed to do it yet.)

Just another reason I love my Mac!

Glad you got it working. But the bottom line is still the same as my original reply... you need Windows to run Oblivion. :(

Regards.

Reaction score
LOL! Note to self: "Read all posts before replying!" Had I read yours I would not have had to spend the day tweaking VB and giving it up as a bad job. Ah well thanks for paving the way chscg... sorry I chose to follow another path.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.