question protaining to iTunes and a "wiped" hard drive.

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a question that kind of has to do with iTunes, my iPod touch 2G, and my Macbook Pro.

Recently, my hard drive just simply crashed.
When I tried to turn my computer on, it would just stay on the white loading screen.

I took it in to apple and they said that the Hard Drive had crashed and that they would send it to Apple Care in Tennessee. Apple also said I would be getting a new hardrive.

I was very surprised because it was the new Macbook pro.

Anyways, I had backed up most of my data (not using Time Machine) about a week before.

But i did NOT back up my iTunes.

Because Apple is giving me a new hard drive, all my music is gone.
(Except for what I have on my iPod)
But, as you all know, whenever you plug in your iPod, iTunes will wipe your iPod and replace it with what is currently in iTunes.

So is there any way I can get my music back into iTunes so I can safely sync my iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
there are a plethora of programs that will transfer music from your ipod to your mac. As for autosyncing in iTunes? Turn it off, there seems to be a persistent myth that this is not an option.. it is.

Preferences > Devices and check "prevent iPods and iPhones from syncing automatically"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
As for the thirdparty app to sync your iPod content back to your machine, Senuti seems to be quite the popular choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.